Welcome to Garden City Wanderers, a walking club that puts the emphasis on friendship. We were first established in 1990 and are
one of 8 clubs and associations in BC, which are members of the Volkssport
Association of BC (VABC). We hope to meet you at one of our walks.
The objectives of our club are:
- to contribute to the health and well-being of
members primarily from the greater Victoria area through their
participation in programs of non-competitive, amateur, friendly,
family-oriented volkssport walking events. Other official volkssport
activities are bicycling, swimming and cross-country skiing.
- to attract new club members through
organization, promotion and safe operation of volkssport activities in the
greater Victoria area and beyond.
- to collaborate with other volkssport clubs
throughout British Columbia and beyond.
- to communicate with club members and
volkssporters in general by various media.
- to perform the above in accordance with the
standards established by
Volkssport Federation/La Federation Canadienne Volkssport
Association of British Columbia (VABC) and Internationaler
Volkssport Verband (IVV).
To see our Constitution and Bylaws, click here.
GCW Club Membership
has about 100 members. Everyone is welcome to join the club and participate in all the club
activities. Membership dues are based upon a calendar year and are $10 for a
single and $15 for a family.
Advantages of becoming a member of the Garden City Wanderers Volkssport
Click here to print out a Membership Application form.
- a quarterly club newsletter called "FOOTNOTES".
- recognition for walking achievements listed in Footnotes.
- notification of upcoming events for GCW and the other volkssport
clubs in the area.
- participation in club activities and events from the planning
- social network of friends who have a common interest in walking
file will open a new window)
of the Garden City Wanderers:
Garden City Wanderers Volkssport Club produces a newsletter
"FOOTNOTES" three times a year for club members. "FOOTNOTES" contains articles
about past volkswalks, upcoming events, president’s report, member achievements,
welcome to new members, updates on VABC, CVF, and a variety of
articles of interest to volkssporters.
For further information about "FOOTNOTES"
or submitting an article send an email to Frances Aknai, editor. email@example.com
Click here to view the latest Footnotes - Spring 2017
Click here to view a special 25th anniversary issue of Footnotes